corner tag

Keblinger

Keblinger
Tied for Best Birthday Ever!

So, as many of you know, it was my birthday this week (yeah, I started this post more than a month ago). I'm a fairly shy, quiet, reclusive introvert in real life, and due to a variety of life events, I find myself without many friends or family nearby. With one exception, most of my birthdays have ranged from disappointing at best to out right sucking at worst. Therefore, I had little hope of anything different this year (other than having a bitching cake for sure because I ordered one for myself).

The day didn't start out particularly stellar – I was startled awake early by the sound of shattering glass (like a mirror or a window), which my sleeping mind found frightening. My body doesn't do well with being startled, and I was up for a couple of hours until I could relax enough to fall asleep, so I slept later than I usually do.

When finally ready to face the day and I logged onto Twitter, I was stunned to find 63 new @'s – more than I've ever had, and most were birthday wishes (and I didn't favorite them, so the individual names are lost, drat! I wanted to name each and everyone of you in this post, & no can do). As I was reading through them all, more poured in as they did for the rest of the day. My best guess is that around 100 people wished me happy birthday that day. I can unequivocally say that I've never had so many people wish me such a thing in my entire life. I was and still am truly overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and affection in my direction.

@MzEll (aka PortiaKhalo) even wrote a story just for me! She and @yellowglue also organized a birthday group ecard with attached Amazon gift card i still have open on my iPad (now more than a month later)!

As much as I missed hanging out with y'all on twitter that day, I had to run away because it was all just so overwhelming and I had my bitchin' cake to pick up,


nails and toes to be done,


and flowers from my mani/ped gal to collect

(along with fruit, candy, and a gift certificate for a return visit)!

By the time I got home after all the brouhaha, most of y'all were in bed asleep. I just wanted you to know from the bottom of my heart how much that day and all of you meant and mean to me. Truly, I've never experienced such love and support in my life ever before. I'm still a little verklempt and must admit that I haven't read my custom written story yet. I'm saving it to savor one very special evening soon. My birthday ended right at midnight with the first bite of the first slice of my glorious chocolate fudge birthday cake. Yum!!!


Hope you each have or had a wonderful birthday of your own. You are all deserving of such wealth, health, and happiness that the universe can dish out!

I love you all, whether I know you little or know you lots, you are a shining blessing to me and my life every day. I'm glad you are here and shared a little of your love with me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

9 comments:

{ adonicass } at: August 3, 2011 at 6:54 PM said...

Didja save me some cake? Didn't think so.
Glad your day was special,bb. You deserve to be loved.

Anonymous at: August 3, 2011 at 8:13 PM said...

MAL!That cake is amazing. And now I want a piece. =/ I'm glad you had a great birthday, you're a great friend and you deserve all of the love in the world. <3

{ Lindz } at: August 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM said...

What a gorgeous cake (and toes)! I hope it really was amazing - You're such a special person, so supportive of so many. xoxo <3

{ bee } at: August 4, 2011 at 2:04 AM said...

Wow that cake looks amazing. So glad you had a lovely day. Real life friends and family - be they near or far are fine, but your Twitter/Fic family are worldwide and we love you lots, like jelly tots. xoxo

Bee
IrishTwiFicster

{ AnnaLund2011 } at: August 4, 2011 at 3:45 AM said...

tweetheart, so glad your day was special. And I'm so glad that the crazy in the fandom goes crazy-good, most of the time. We all deserve it. I know you do.
love
anna

{ TongueTwied } at: August 4, 2011 at 4:19 AM said...

Well sorry I missed it! I gotta say though that cake is beautiful! Absofuckinlutely good for you to spoil yourself on your birthday! Wishing you a great upcoming year! :-)

{ Azucena } at: August 4, 2011 at 5:52 AM said...

I wanted to thank you, one were one of the persons who seemed to like me for who I was, not because i did anything but because I was. I love you and I want to love you just as you are. Blessings. Azu

{ angie-k } at: August 4, 2011 at 8:19 AM said...

I'm one of the "know you little" category, but I'm so glad to know you. You are the one who is the blessing to all of us.

I'm so happy you had a most deserved wonderful birthday.

(((hugs)))
Angie
stuff4ang

{ lipca } at: August 4, 2011 at 5:02 PM said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday.

Michelle

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 mostly a lurker